Love, Life...or something like it

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

the potion

He held out the potion, and I took it from his hand. It was clear liquid in a tall, slim glass. Elegant, yet understated. My notion told me to take it all in a gulp. I was about to, but he tugged my arm, and said, "Go slow. Don't spill."

I took it in. The first sip burnt my lips a little.

Slowly, I felt the potion running through my body. It ran down my throat. I felt this strong, powerful gush in me and all of a sudden, I couldn't breathe.

Sip, by sip, by sip.

It passed my heart - damn, that hurt. I could feel it trickling down my arms, numbing my fingers. It went through my stomach. I could feel the butterflies flying amock.

And another sip.

Down to my thighs, then my knees. My toes curled up as I felt it settling. I felt weak.

I passed the empty glass back to him. And he asked, "Would you like some more?"

I said, "Yes, please."

He went to the room from where he came earlier. And from where I was, I saw a room of stacks and stacks full of this potion. "No. 6, that's what they call it."

And then I thought, what he has in store, can definitely last me a whole lifetime.



- Trinny Nichols

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home