Love, Life...or something like it

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Frankenstein in Love

I'd like so much to write about my trip back home to KL recently, but I've only been chasing time since I got back. Plus, too many things happened and there's too many things to tell and I'm struggling as it is trying to pin heads and tails to what happened.




We went to see Frankenstein in Love in KLPac on Halloween. I'll tell you in a word what I think about it: Dry.

I don't know if I should blame the morbidity of the story itself, or the delivery of that story. This play is about...erm...umm...see it's only been a week and I can't remember much of it already - goes to tell a lot about it. I remember saying to myself that it was as 'good' as watching TV. I wasn't sure who the cast was acting for - the audience, or themselves? Were they trying to tell us a story, or merely reading the script out really, really well - with facial expressions and good intonations and everything? But what are you trying to tell me? The only thing which stood out was this extra who looked really scary and stayed in a weird position for a long time, and I thought that was impressive. Other than that, I cringed most times at Melissa Maureen's acting. And the after-effect is not what I normally feel after catching a play here in London. But then again, I may not be comparing like with like. Mad props to the lighting and make-up though!


The only good thing about the play is that Rashid Salleh was in it. He took off his shirt several times and boy, did he not look bad at all? But somehow, this time around, not so interested. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home