Love, Life...or something like it

Monday, July 09, 2007

that last walk in the rain

Walking down Burdett Lane in the rain has lost its novelty. And I blame it on its regularity. A car drove by and pulled over a few feet away. The driver drew down the window. "Hey!"

"Hey!"

Finally! - someone I know. I got into the car, and we drove for miles and miles and miles. With not so much of words or even looks exchanged. Only because we just talked over the phone awhile ago I guess. There was not much left to say. My hunch has it he went patrolling around the block - just in case.

"Your lone walks in the rain are becoming pathetic," he said. Yes, my thoughts exactly.

The sound of raindrops hitting the windshield was calming. The sound of the wiper screeching against the windshield was calming. Even that typical pungent smell of a smoker's car was calming.

"No more?"

"Nope, no more."

Then, the DJ on the radio made a joke about a husband and wife and organic vegetables. And we both cracked up laughing. But you just had to be there.

And that was by far, the best conversation I've had in awhile.

-Trinny Nichols

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home