Love, Life...or something like it

Friday, August 04, 2006

Now that's my kind of Thursday night


Last night, I was brought through some of the best moments of Motown in this fantastic musical. It was as if I slumped into the heart of Motor City, Detroit and had the privilege of the world's most prominent names to sing for me. When you have a brilliant line-up singing covers from the likes of Supremes, Temptations, Four Tops, Marvin Gaye!! Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie and Gladys Knight, who gives a damn about that yellow, ruffled shirts and that horrendous hairstyle that probably gave cod liver oil its name today.

It was difficult at first to be limited to booty-shaking in our seats. Then, when we were given the queue to get on our feet....well, let's just say the old, white ladies amongst the audience knew what to do with their canes. I lost my voice by the end of the show and was lightly bruised after *ehem* elbowed me and stepped on my foot several times. It's okay, I forgive you. But what do I explain to that old lady whom you made me knock over?

Motown afficionados, you just have to see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home