Love, Life...or something like it

Sunday, May 14, 2006

wake up and smell the caffe macchiato

There comes a time when you get a fresh batch of adrenaline and you wake up feeling that there's nothing in this life you can't conquer. There also comes a time when a trivial moment translates into a life-changing experience, and all of a sudden your dreams change, your priorities change and you see the world through a different set of eyes. You take a slower pace in your steps than usual just because you choose not to give in to the haste, go an extra mile for a friend than you normally would and laugh for no reason. You learn and muster the art of finding joy in everyday things. This, may be attributable to someone special, something special or absolutely nothing special at all.

I recently had one of those moments.

You're right. The significance of this matter bears no significance to you at all. Because you were not in my shoes, and never in a million years would I wish that upon you. This could be my recovery - my conscious effort of salvaging what's left and what's survived. Or it could be pure luck - my upside of the wheel, planets aligning in my favour, or the fact that Ariens are being given a chance this month. It could be anything.

But in the echoes of recent dilemma, I can't help but look back to where I was exactly a year ago. This time last year I graduated from a university where most people would go 'what?' at the mention of its name. This time last year, I was living out of a suitcase, bunking at the girls', living for the everyday routines of a fresh alumnus. Early morning breakfast, a quick read at the bookstore, cruisin with Nina Simone. This time last year, I remember saying lots of goodbyes. A little overwhelmed from all the promises. A little 'high' on all the stupid jokes over the hill and a little 'drunk' on something Cuban.

But look at where we are now. Better or worse, it doesn't matter. Just look at where we are now.

My fear is when this boost runs out. Or when this special thing loses its magic. Or when the goats or the lions decide to steal all the luck from the rams. Will I still be able to see the world the way I do now? Being content with my daily strolls along the street while munching on macaroons. Or eavesdropping on conversations of old loved-up couples on the tube (hehe) . Or brightening up the days of friends far and near. Or will I forget what matters and covet for things I don't need?

Ooh by the way, congratulations to RPI Class of 2006!

________________________________________________________

Dearest Momster,

I love you. You rock my world.
(Mama, our favourite song!)

Love,
Fur coat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home