Love, Life...or something like it

Sunday, April 27, 2008

of here and now

Saturday. Gorgeous weather, so we decided to let our skin get tongue-kissed a little by the scorching sun. I must say, all this playing hard to get business by the sun has made it even more and more desirable. And I was smiling the whole time to the many things I saw - thinking that once again I'm in a familiar territory and all these familiar sights are no stranger to the likes of Hyde Park on a sunny day. The bare skin, the PDAs. And I swear it wasn't until yesterday that I knew spooning was acceptable in public places. Tom Ford's sunnies, the Ferraris, the H2O bodies, the flabby abs, the surfboard abs...ooh hubba hubba. The flush and the wealthy however, decided to up the ante and brought their little ponies out. I, on the other hand, was on the other extreme - turning green and contemplating if I should scout around for some cheap rollerblades on eBay.


And in the crowd of many happy smiley faces, something caught my eye. The sight of a young boy, about 16, perched on the grass - picking on the grass and looking into the distance. And at the risk of sounding presumptuous, something told me that he wasn't happy. He looked miserable and restless. And that look on that young boy's face is what is unfamiliar. Not on a day like this. Not when the sun is out and everyone is out to play. He looked as if he didnt know what he was doing there and that he wanted to be somewhere else.

I felt like going up to him. I want to tell him that it is inevitable that most people feel that way sometimes. Almost everyone feels like they want to be somewhere else. Or be somebody else. Or be with somebody else. Or have a different job. And have a different life.

But at the risk of sounding ungrateful, you accept things the way they are right? You don't question, do you? You can't question. Because it's wrong. Though I'm pretty sure that this is just a phase what you're feeling. A temporary lapse of judgement. Something I tell myself everyday. You can't wander if this is it? Because this is it. You accept. You settle.

But yeah. Saturday. Gorgeous weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home